Tuesday, October 1, 2013

10/1 - Pre-Writing


        Hello to all my viewers. Tonight, I will be writing about pre-writing. Not the most exciting of topics, I know, but this blog’s main purpose is for a class, so it has to be done. And maybe it will wind up helping someone.
Personally as a writer I have always liked the outline form of pre-writing. I am an exponential learner and so having straightforward, organized thoughts work well for me. Addressing the other part of my brain, I have always found flow charts to be helpful as well. In fact, a good flow chart will often help me draft up my outline.
When writing an outline, it’s important to keep things clear and organized. What has proven successful for me is writing the content in the chronological order that I intend to use them in my paper.
It’s important to remember though, that everyone thinks differently. I believe you will be most successful if you master whichever form of pre-writing that works the best for you. Whether it be a flow chart, an outline, a ven diagram, a list, or anything in between, a pre-write can be a great tool in starting of your writing project. Until next time; thanks for reading. -Garrett

1 comment:

  1. Just a correction, "exponential" is supposed to be "existential".

    ReplyDelete